Langwell's Adventures

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 months later.... :)





I can't believe its been so long since I have posted to my blog...but now is as good a time as ever to get started again. Wow...May seems like a long time ago. I was laid off at the beginning of June and have been staying at home and going back to school. We had a great summer vacation with a trip to San Antonio, and a quick one-day trip to Chorpus Christi. It is amazing that we drove 14 hours and never left Texas. We also had a family reunion in Dallas. (pictures) Thanksgiving and Christmas went smoothly and we got new neighbors a month ago. I am officially living the life of "Everybody Loves Raymond." My mother-in-law and her mother (Jerry's grandmother) moved TWO DOORS DOWN. I am yet to see how this will play out, but so far it has balanced out well. We have been getting along fine, but I am a little scared...lol.

Hmmm....what else? Oh! Katelyn started school full-time so I am at home during the day by myself. At first it sounded great...but it is really lonely sometimes and I have learned I am a social creature. More than one day without having something to do and I go a little crazy. I get to see Jerry for lunch everyday and I help him at work once every couple of weeks so it keeps me sane. I would think after 9 years of babies and working full-time and school full-time I would relish the idea of 9 hours to myself everyday...but some days are hard. I feel very lost sometimes. I don't feel like my calling in this world is to fold laundry and vacuum everyday, but some days I really enjoy it. It is all about how I feel that day. For instance, today Jerry is out of town and I decided to texture our bedroom. It has needed to be done for a few months, but I just didnt feel like it.

Finally, school. I have not been able to find a job so I enrolled in school full-time again. I completed my degree in August and started my Master's Degree at the end of December. I'm not really super excited about it, but I know it will be beneificial. I have to have my MBA (or equivalent hours) to test for my CPA liscense.

I guess that's a good wrap up for now. I will try to start posting every week or so with pics and other things.
P.S. If you are even reading this blog could you let me know. I guess either way it is theraputic to me! lol :)

3 Comments:

  • At January 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Candice said...

    Missed ya! Glad you are doing well! The kids are getting big, wow! I just started the stay@home momma in Dec, and some days I feel like I live in a cave even though I have my 8 month here too. Social butterfly is what I am too!

    Good to hear from ya!

     
  • At January 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger amberly said...

    love reading/seeing updates on your and your fam!

     
  • At January 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM , Blogger So in love. said...

    I'm reading! :) You have good blog posts! So keep at em...besides, you just openly admitted that you are bored out of your mind so no excuse to NOT blog! :>

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home