Langwell's Adventures

Friday, August 22, 2008

Two close calls....

For those of you who have not heard of Jerry's near horrific crash, here goes. A couple of weeks ago, Jerry was traveling about 50mph when a girl turned from the opposite direction, directly into him. He was able to avoid her but ended up sending the car right towards two electrical poles spaced 7 feet apart. He braced himself for the impact and moved as far over in his seat as possible to avoid injury. As hard as he turned the wheel, there was no budging the car, until a couple of feet before the impact when he landed square between the two poles. WOW! Not only was it amazing that there were only 2 cars at this intersection at the time (which could have meant a much bigger mess), but Jerry could only explain it as "A little push." Both people walked away without a scratch on themselves or their car. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Today, on my way to work, I was thinking how frustrated I was that I forgot my sunglasses because of the glare on my windshield. As a pulled up to an intersection, I was blinded and slowed down just long enough to see a car pass right in front of me. He had blown through the stop sign at that intersection, and if it hadn't been for the blinding light, and EXACTLY the right time, there is no doubt that we would have collided.

I know that I am not the only one that is blessed by God's wonderful "interference" (for lack of a better word at this time) but I am so grateful that He was looking out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home