To my Daddy.....
Yesterday was a hard day for me. I tried to stay busy and not think about the fact that it was Father's Day too much. As most of you know, I lost my dad when I was 14. It was a very traumatic experience. He died in my sisters and I's arms on the side of the road. No adults, no bystanders, just us. We did not know that he was as bad as he was, and thought he would be fine once the helicopter came to take him to the hospital. However, that was not the case. There was never any real goodbyes or even the realization that one would be needed anytime soon. But, I can say that I have no regrets. I was a daddy's girl and treasure those times that we had alone. One time inparticular stands out.
One summer afternoon in Vega (during Round-up) my siblings had all gone off with their friends and I was left home. I was quite the outcast and it really hurt that Saturday afternoon. My dad could tell. He asked me if I wanted to go do something. (Really, I wanted someone to come and get me so I could go out, but I knew that wasnt going to happen.) So, I accepted the invitaion and Dad and I got into his fuscia pick-up.(Another story!) I don't remember where we went, maybe to get some icecream, but I do remember being really happy and enjoying my time with him. I remember the song that was on the radio when we got out of the car. I remember us laughing and just enjoying eachothers company. My dad loved us more than we could have ever recieved from anyone. His love was always genuine, and I never felt like a foster kid, or a second family. He was my daddy and will always be my daddy. I miss that I didn't get to know his as an adult. But I have his love in me still today.
I lost my grandfather this year as well. The two men that loved me and expected nothing in return. A love that can not be put into words and who will never know the impression they made in my life.
So for those of you who have not told your father you love him, give him a call, or go bye and see him. Enjoy the day God has given you with him.
And.....here's to the men who love us because we are who we are! I love you dad and love you Grandad!
One summer afternoon in Vega (during Round-up) my siblings had all gone off with their friends and I was left home. I was quite the outcast and it really hurt that Saturday afternoon. My dad could tell. He asked me if I wanted to go do something. (Really, I wanted someone to come and get me so I could go out, but I knew that wasnt going to happen.) So, I accepted the invitaion and Dad and I got into his fuscia pick-up.(Another story!) I don't remember where we went, maybe to get some icecream, but I do remember being really happy and enjoying my time with him. I remember the song that was on the radio when we got out of the car. I remember us laughing and just enjoying eachothers company. My dad loved us more than we could have ever recieved from anyone. His love was always genuine, and I never felt like a foster kid, or a second family. He was my daddy and will always be my daddy. I miss that I didn't get to know his as an adult. But I have his love in me still today.
I lost my grandfather this year as well. The two men that loved me and expected nothing in return. A love that can not be put into words and who will never know the impression they made in my life.
So for those of you who have not told your father you love him, give him a call, or go bye and see him. Enjoy the day God has given you with him.
And.....here's to the men who love us because we are who we are! I love you dad and love you Grandad!
1 Comments:
At June 27, 2008 at 7:15 AM ,
So in love. said...
I miss Dad too. And the Fuschia Pick up! And the PutPut...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home