Langwell's Adventures

Friday, June 27, 2008

Prayers for Katelyn

As many of you know, Katelyn went to the doctor yesterday with what appeared to be a urinary tract infection as well as what appeared (and smelled) like some type of yeast infection. It took Katelyn 3 hours to work up enough courage to finally go to the bathroom and that was only because we had got a collection cup from the doctor.

We arrived and the doctor said that she had a substantial amount of blood in her urine. They said that it was very extensive and more testing would need to be done to identify the exact bacteria. And the pain as well as the odor were all coming from this infection. With that we took Katelyn's sample to the hospital and then filled a prescription for a general antibiotic.

Last night was the hardest night I think I have had with not being able to help my kiddos. I sat with Katelyn in the bathroom for almost an hour last night and she continued to scream in pain, not wanting to go to the bathroom. She spent the entire time saying "Mommy, I PROMISE....I PROMISE.... I wont pee in my panties." She didn't know that wasn't a problem. She followed up by telling me that she wasn't hungry and didn't want her daddy to bring her ice cream and she didn't want to be a big girl. She finally went to the bathroom with a final scream. The only way I can explain it is that it sounded like she was going through contractions and then finally had a baby!!!!!!!!!

We said a lot of prayers and at her visit to the bathroom at 4 am was not nearly as traumatic. PRAISE GOD!!! Please continue to pray that her healing will continue quickly and that she can feel better.

Thank you

2 Comments:

  • At June 27, 2008 at 7:13 AM , Blogger So in love. said...

    :( Oh my! Poor Kate. I feel so bad for her. I'm definitely praying for my little sweet niece. Do you think it could be kidney stones? You know those run in our family pretty bad. *sniff* I hope she doesen't have that. Poor girl.

     
  • At June 27, 2008 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Blankenship Babbles said...

    Oh my goodness...your poor little sweetie...it sounds like she is being a very big girl...I will keep you guys in my prayers...and I hope that Kate starts to feel better REAL soon...God Bless you!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home