How things don't change....or do they?
First of all, it has been a while since I have written and things are going really well. We are redoing our garage in preparation for Garry to move in with us. Our goal is to have his apartment ready and his house on the market by the end of this month. Things are going smoothly, but their is still A LOT to do in Amarillo. The kids are all getting ready for summer. We are trying to send Matthew to football camp at Texas Tech in June and we will have all the kids in swimming lessons and local camps.
Now for an explanation of the title. Yesterday I ran into my junior high teacher at a buidling right across the street from where I live. Very odd, becuase I didn't grow up here. Anyways she greeted me with the normal smile, how are you, what are you up to? But, there was a very familiar air about her, it came across very fake. Hmmmmm.....Just like I remember. I don't understand being fake. If you genuinely don't care, don't ask. Just say, it is good to see you and go on. She even invited me to lunch! I know she didn't mean it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but I don't understand it. I feel like I generally am real with people and haven't felt the need to really fake it. So after 13 years, she is the same and things sometimes don't change.
However, that doesn't mean I don't have to. I have changed! And I am very excited about that. Through the meeting yesterday I realized I am no longer the akward, dorky 13 year old that was intimidated by her and the cool kids. I am proud to be what I am. I am a mother of four WONDERFUL, respectful, kind and loving children. I am the wife to one of the kindest hearted men ever created and who continues to show me I am the love of his life; I am finishing up my last year of college; I have a great job and can provide for my family; I have a best friend (sister) that I can always count on; I AM DOING GREAT and for once I don't need to hear it to believe it! I know that God has blessed me and our family and we will continue to serve him. He has not made me try for his love and attention, it has always been there for the taking. I no longer have that hole and it feels great.
So, some people never change, but some do! Thank you Jesus for taking this broken soul and turning into something beautiful!
Now for an explanation of the title. Yesterday I ran into my junior high teacher at a buidling right across the street from where I live. Very odd, becuase I didn't grow up here. Anyways she greeted me with the normal smile, how are you, what are you up to? But, there was a very familiar air about her, it came across very fake. Hmmmmm.....Just like I remember. I don't understand being fake. If you genuinely don't care, don't ask. Just say, it is good to see you and go on. She even invited me to lunch! I know she didn't mean it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but I don't understand it. I feel like I generally am real with people and haven't felt the need to really fake it. So after 13 years, she is the same and things sometimes don't change.
However, that doesn't mean I don't have to. I have changed! And I am very excited about that. Through the meeting yesterday I realized I am no longer the akward, dorky 13 year old that was intimidated by her and the cool kids. I am proud to be what I am. I am a mother of four WONDERFUL, respectful, kind and loving children. I am the wife to one of the kindest hearted men ever created and who continues to show me I am the love of his life; I am finishing up my last year of college; I have a great job and can provide for my family; I have a best friend (sister) that I can always count on; I AM DOING GREAT and for once I don't need to hear it to believe it! I know that God has blessed me and our family and we will continue to serve him. He has not made me try for his love and attention, it has always been there for the taking. I no longer have that hole and it feels great.
So, some people never change, but some do! Thank you Jesus for taking this broken soul and turning into something beautiful!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home